What does axillary clearance mean?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

When the breast cancer surgeon removes all the lymph nodes under the armpit, this is called axillary clearance.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Treatment

Metastatic Breast Cancer: Understanding Targeted Therapy
Targeted therapies are a type of cancer treatment that work by blocking or inhibiting the function of specific molecules found in cancer cells, which ...
What is Ibrance?
Ibrance (palbociclib) is a medicine known as a kinase inhibitor, which blocks the action of a protei...
What is cryoablation for breast cancer?
Cryoablation involves using extreme cold to freeze and destroy cancerous and benign tumors. This...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?