What should I ask about non-surgical treatments for my breast cancer?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

If you don’t ask about your other alternatives up front, you’ll never know if you might have saved yourself the time and discomfort of breast surgery. Since most women with breast cancer, including those with early stages I and II, have some kind of surgery, the chances are that your doctor will recommend surgery for you of some kind.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Treatment

Metastatic Breast Cancer: Understanding Targeted Therapy
Targeted therapies are a type of cancer treatment that work by blocking or inhibiting the function of specific molecules found in cancer cells, which ...
Which hormonal therapies are most effective for breast cancer?
Preya Ananthakrishnan, MDPreya Ananthakrishnan, MD
Recent clinical trials have demonstrated that aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are more effective than tam...
What will my recovery from a lumpectomy be like?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
A lumpectomy generally has a brief recovery period, about 24 to 48 hours. Wearing a bra, even at nig...
What Are the Treatment Options for Breast Cancer?