How often do breast surgeons follow up with patients?

Depending on the other doctors a patient is seeing, a breast surgeon may follow up with a patient every three to six months for a few years.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Treatment

MBC: Should You Apply to a Clinical Trial?
People diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) may consider volunteering for a clinical trial. Clinical trials are research studies that investi...
What are the goals in treating breast cancer in situ?
Devon J. Webster, MDDevon J. Webster, MD
Cure! Breast cancer in situ, also known as DCIS, is the earliest form of breast cancer. It is cancer...
How do I find out about my rights as a breast cancer patient?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
It is useful to know your rights as a patient. Every hospital should have a statement of patient rig...
Why I Care: Dr. Tonya Echols Cole
Why I Care: Dr. Tonya Echols Cole