When should I call a doctor if I find a lump in my breast?

Be sure to call your healthcare professional for an appointment if you find a lump in your breast that:
  • is new or feels unusual
  • feels different from the breast tissue in either one of your breasts
  • changes or grows larger
Also, call your doctor if you notice:
  • bloody or spontaneous discharge from your nipple
  • skin changes on your breast, such as redness, crusting, dimpling or puckering
  • an inverted nipple (turned inward) if it's not normally positioned this way.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Symptoms

Symptoms of Breast Cancer You Shouldn’t Ignore
Almost 270,000 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2018. Aside from skin cancer, it is the most common form of cancer in the Un...
What are the symptoms of metastatic breast cancer?
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
Metastatic breast cancer symptoms depend on the part of the body to which the cancer has spread. Som...
What are the symptoms of HER2-positive breast cancer?
The physical symptoms of HER2-positive breast cancer can be the same as for most types of breast...
Are There Future Breast Cancer Therapies with Potential?