Can flaxseed help prevent breast cancer?

Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Flaxseed is rich in lignans, which are another form of phytoestrogens, and lignans have been shown to have powerful breast-cancer-fighting properties. At the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, evidence was presented documenting that lignans slow tumor growth effectively. So add a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed to your cereal or your soy drink in the morning.
Dr. Ro's Ten Secrets to Livin' Healthy

Dr. Ro's Ten Secrets to Livin' Healthy

In this one-of-a-kind book, Dr. Rovenia M. Brock—known as Dr. Ro™ to fans of Black Entertainment Television’s Heart & Soul—reveals practical, satisfying ways for African American women to eat...

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Prevention

The Leafy Green That's Great for Breasts
Here's a peppery green that may do big favors for breast health: watercress. A favorite addition to afternoon tea sandwiches, watercress should make ...
How can I help protect myself against breast cancer?
You can do plenty to detect, survive and prevent breast cancer.Regular breast-cancer screenings (sta...
How can I limit my intake of meat to reduce breast cancer recurrence risk?
Alice Pereira, RDAlice Pereira, RD
Do the following to limit intake of red meat and avoid processed meat -- you will reduce your breast...
Is High Touch Healthcare Still Important?