Should I have a mastectomy if breast cancer is in my family?

The answer to this question is quite complex. To get a good answer you need to talk to your physician and discuss your risk and the options you have to help alter that risk. If your doctor is unsure ask him for a referral to an oncologist that has a special interest in breast cancer.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Prevention

Eat This to Reduce Breast Cancer Risk
Eat This to Reduce Breast Cancer Risk
Considering the blood sugar, cholesterol, digestive and appetite-controlling effects of fiber, who wouldn't sing its praises? Well, get ready to hum a...
Can eating whole grains reduce the risk for breast cancer?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
A recent Italian study found that women who suffer from breast cancer ate more cereals, cakes, a...
Why aren’t breast self-examinations as encouraged as they used to be?
Breast self-examinations are not as encouraged as they used to be because there is a discrepancy amo...
Does Preventive Breast Cancer Surgery Work?