When should I call my doctor if I have a breast catheter?

Contact your radiation doctor if any of the following problems occur when you have a breast catheter:
  • Your temperature is 100 degrees F or higher. Take your temperature twice a day.
  • You have increasing pain, redness, or swelling at the catheter site.
  • You notice large amounts of fluid draining from the catheter site. A small amount of pink or yellow colored fluid is normal.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Diagnosis

What happens next if a biopsy reveals breast cancer?
If breast cancer is found, more tests will be done to find out the size and extent of the cancer in ...
How do I get tested for a BRCA gene mutation?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Testing for a BRCA gene mutation is done by a blood test that is sent to a special laboratory. This ...
Is Hormone Therapy Effective for Breast Cancer?
Does Breast Cancer Screening Have Value?