What size of breast implants is recommended?

Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgeon

In my practice of placing over 10,000 breast implants in the last 14 years, I try in the majority of cases to proportionalize each women's body. The implant is placed in the dual plane (at least two-thirds under the muscle), and saline or silicone gel prosthesis may be used. Determinates of size include the patient's height, weight, inframammary fold distance, thickness of the pectoralis muscle, patient's volume desire, profile of upper pole fullness and amount of breast tissue.

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

How are tuberous breasts fixed?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
There are a variety of deformities of the breast. One of the most common is the so-called tubero...
How is the dual-plane breast augmentation procedure performed?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Conceptually, the dual-plane breast augmentation is a complex procedure. Basically, the implant ...
How Can I Prepare Myself for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Breast Augmentation Surgery?