What size of breast implants is recommended?

Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgeon

In my practice of placing over 10,000 breast implants in the last 14 years, I try in the majority of cases to proportionalize each women's body. The implant is placed in the dual plane (at least two-thirds under the muscle), and saline or silicone gel prosthesis may be used. Determinates of size include the patient's height, weight, inframammary fold distance, thickness of the pectoralis muscle, patient's volume desire, profile of upper pole fullness and amount of breast tissue.

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

How are breast implants inserted?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
The process involves making an incision in the crease under the breast (inframammary fold), in the a...
What are the benefits of saline breast implants?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
In general, saline implants seem to have fewer risks associated with them than silicone implants...
What Should I Expect When Recovering From Breast Augmentation Surgery?
When Is Breast Reconstruction Surgery Performed?