What is symmastia?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Symmastia (also known as breadloafing, kissing implants, and "uniboob") is a condition in which breast implants merge in the middle of the chest. Often caused by over-disection of the tissues in the cleavage area. More prevalent among thin women and those suffering from pectus excavatum (depressed breastbone).
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

What are the long-term effects of breast augmentation surgery?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
Breast augmentation involves the insertion of a prosthetic device into the body for a prolonged peri...
What are the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
As with any surgical procedure, your surgeon will review the risks and benefits of the procedure you...
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
What Should I Expect When Recovering From Breast Augmentation Surgery?