How does surgical technique affect scarring in breast plastic surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Surgical technique is extremely important in regard to scarring. Board-certified plastic surgeons are well trained and qualified. They possess the skill to perform subcuticular closures in most circumstances. This means the sutures are placed underneath the skin, which will reduce the track marks that may occur when the sutures are placed externally (outside) and loop around the incision. Always ask your doctor how the suturing will be performed. With a breast lift, it should be done subcuticular. It has been my experience that this technique gives the best results.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

What are the risks of breast implant surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
There are both acute and later (chronic) risks of breast implant surgery. The acute risks include bl...
How can I prepare myself for breast augmentation surgery?
Tara Whitworth, MSNTara Whitworth, MSN
The most important thing you can do before any procedure is to educate yourself. Read through all in...
What Is a Breast Expander?
What Is a Breast Expander?
Will Insurance Cover Any Part of Breast Augmentation Surgery Costs?