When can I shower or bathe after breast augmentation?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
In my practice, patients are instructed not to get any form of water on or near the incision site for fourteen days after breast augmentation surgery. They may sponge bathe immediately. The incision sites must remain clean and dry to reduce any type of infection, including staphylococcus or streptococcus skin infections.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

Can breast implants be removed?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
Breast implants can be removed if they are no longer wanted, if they become damaged, or in rare case...
How do I prepare for a breast augmentation?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
The most important thing you can do before any procedure is to educate yourself. Read through all in...
Will Insurance Cover Any Part of Breast Augmentation Surgery Costs?
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Breast Augmentation Surgery?