How can pregnancy and breastfeeding affect breast implants?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Once a patient has had breast augmentation, she must understand that future pregnancies and breast-feeding may cause dramatic changes. These might include changes to the pocket that holds the implant and increased scar tissue formation around the implant bag, causing major distortions. It is important to plan for this and be aware that if you choose to have children after surgery, you may also be looking at revision surgery of some kind down the road.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

How can I avoid getting a rippled look when I have my breasts done?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Patients who have thin, ectomorphic or minimal amounts of breast tissue normally do well with silico...
What happens when breast implants are removed?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
One of the most difficult decisions a woman may face is whether to remove her implants. If probl...
How Can I Prepare Myself for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
What Should I Expect When Recovering From Breast Augmentation Surgery?