How are tuberous breasts fixed?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
There are a variety of deformities of the breast. One of the most common is the so-called tuberous breast. Plastic surgeons also call this the Snoopy deformity, because the breast looks like Snoopy's nose. The breast tissue herniates through a weakened areola. It is fixed via an incision around the pigmented areola. The skin is tightened as the areola is made smaller. The bottom part of the breast tissue is cut like a loaf of bread to spread it out, and then an implant is placed.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

Can breast implants rupture?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
One of the questions I hear most often about breast augmentation is, "Can these implants rupture...
What is the difference between smooth and textured breast implants?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Breast implant surfaces are smooth or textured. Textured implants stay where they are put -- the...
What Should I Expect When Recovering From Breast Augmentation Surgery?
How Can I Prepare Myself for Breast Augmentation Surgery?