How should I decide the shape of implant?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The shape of the implants come in anatomical and round shapes. In my practice, I personally do not use anatomical or shaped implants. Rotational deformities occur over time and even five degrees of rotation with an anatomical or shaped implant leads to an obvious external deformity that is impossible to correct without surgery. In fact, surgical correction usually requires using round saline or silicone implants. Remember if a round implant rotates, it is not significant in terms of rotational deformity. Moderate-plus saline and silicone implants behind the muscle yield a very natural shape and there is no worry of rotational deformities.

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

How is breast screening performed if I have breast implants?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
All breast implants block mammograms. This blockage could be as low as 3% or higher than 60%. Do...
What should I do during a breast augmentation consultation?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
It is vital that you have realistic expectations about breast augmentation and that you review many,...
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
What Is a Breast Expander?
What Is a Breast Expander?