How do I find a doctor for breast implant removal?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

In order to find a qualified doctor for breast implant removal, you need to seek a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Breast implants may be removed after either cosmetic or functional reconstructive surgery. Implants can be removed completely and a drainage tube placed for 7 days or implants may be removed and replaced for a multitude of reasons. The reasons may include volume discrepancies, ruptured implants, scar tissue, capsular contracture, malposition of the implants. Some women, as they age, decide to simply remove the implants all together. The most qualified experienced doctors for breast implant surgery are board certified plastic surgeons, Diplomats of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Tara Whitworth
Nursing
The most important thing is to find a surgeon who is board certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). This means that the surgeon has more than 6 years of surgical experience and training, with a minimum of 3 years in plastic surgery. You can use the internet to find information on plastic surgeons in your area. Ask questions in your consultation, and remember, if you do not feel comfortable with that physician, keep looking.

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

How can pregnancy and breastfeeding affect breast implants?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Once a patient has had breast augmentation, she must understand that future pregnancies and brea...
How is capsular contracture after breast surgery corrected?
Correction of capsular contracture after breast surgery will include either removing the capsule...
How Can I Prepare Myself for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Will Insurance Cover Any Part of Breast Augmentation Surgery Costs?