What does the human brain look like?

The brain is divided into the right and left hemispheres and is comprised of lobes, regions, neurons, and glands. The left hemisphere is the logical, detail-oriented side of the brain in charge of analyzing, conceiving, and executing plans. The right hemisphere sees the big picture and specializes in detecting and responding to unexpected stimuli and how objects interrelate in space.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Brain Health

Could Diet Soda Raise Your Risk of Stroke and Dementia?
Experts are well aware of the health hazards of sugary beverages like regular soda. A 2015 report in the journal Circulation estimated that sugary dri...
How can I maximize my brain health?
Here's a new pair that's great for your brain: exercise and less salt. This team can slash the fuzzy...
7 Science-Backed Ways to Keep Your Memory Strong
7 Science-Backed Ways to Keep Your Memory Strong7 Science-Backed Ways to Keep Your Memory Strong7 Science-Backed Ways to Keep Your Memory Strong7 Science-Backed Ways to Keep Your Memory Strong
It’s not too late to start doing these mind-preserving tricks.
To Keep Your Brain Young, Only Drink in Moderation