What are some of the existing brain atlases that researchers can use?

Researchers can turn to these brain atlases to help them better understand the brain:

Here are examples of brain atlases that researchers can mine for answers:

• Allen Mouse Brain Atlas: Researchers sliced up the brain of the mouse and stained each of the 21,000 genes. Visitors can look at 3-D models or photos of the brain for their gene of interest.
  • Allen Human Cortex Atlas: Our cerebral cortex allows us to reason, think and remember. Researchers have sliced this up the cerebral cortex and have stained where 1,000 genes-plus genes are counting. You even can surf the pictures.
  • Whole Brain Atlas: This stores images of the human brain as it grows older and fights diseases.

Continue Learning about Brain Health

What Is Brain Capacity?
What Is Brain Capacity?
What Does the Future of Neurology Hold?
What Does the Future of Neurology Hold?
Why Is Gluten Hard to Digest?
Why Is Gluten Hard to Digest?
Is There a Brain Exercise I Can Do That Will Improve My Memory?