What is fungal meningitis?

Fungal meningitis occurs when the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord are infected with a fungus. Fungal meningitis is rare and usually caused by the spread of a fungus through blood to the spinal cord.

Continue Learning about Brain and Nervous System

News: High Blood Pressure Could Raise Brain Disease Risk
Hypertension and dementia are primary health concerns for those in later life. According to statistics released in 2018 by the American Heart Associat...
How do medications treat Tourette syndrome?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Different medications are used to treat different symptoms of Tourette syndrome. Mild sedatives can ...
What is the difference between a neurologist and a neurosurgeon?
Christopher J. Koebbe, MDChristopher J. Koebbe, MD
In this video, Christopher Koebbe, MD, neurosurgeon at Largo Medical Center, explains the major diff...
What Is the Purpose of Restoring My Cellular Communication Pathway?