How long do keyhole craniectomies take?

Dr. Isaac Yang, MD
Neurosurgeon

The keyhole craniectomy takes about 90 minutes on average, from the moment it starts to the moment the last staple is placed. Larger craniotomies can take two to three hours on average.

Continue Learning about Brain and Nervous System

Protect Your Inner GPS for Better Brain Health
Often cited as the worst blunder in the history of college football, Roy "Wrong Way" Riegels picked up a fumble in the 1929 Rose Bowl and ran towards ...
What does a pediatric neurologist do?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
A pediatric neurologist is a specialist in the neurological disorders of children and adolescents. G...
How do I manage my Tourette syndrome on a daily basis?
Taking an active role in managing Tourette syndrome (TS) can be helpful in advocating for yourself o...
Why Is Sitting At a Desk All Day Unhealthy?