What are the tumors present in pseudomyxoma peritonei like?

The tumors present in pseudomyxoma peritonei are mucinous. They usually have very few tumor cells. The mucous is gelatinous and orange and grows large, sometimes up to 20 or 30 pounds. Someone with a mucinous tumor of this nature might experience a growth in their waistline as a symptom.

Continue Learning about Brain Cancer (Neurological Cancers)

News: Sen. John McCain To Discontinue Medical Treatment for Aggressive Brain Cancer
The family of John McCain announced that he will no longer be receiving treatment for brain cancer. The Republican senator from Arizona has been battl...
Does brain cancer affect children differently than adults?
Brain tumors are one of the top causes of cancer in children. The variety of tumors that can for...
How do I manage my brain cancer on a daily basis?
Managing brain cancer usually involves several weeks of radiation treatments and possibly chemothera...
How to Reduce Your Cell Phone Radiation Risk