Radiation therapy is commonly used to treat brain stem gliomas, particularly diffuse (spread out) tumors. A dose of radiation is administered to the tumor on a daily basis for about 6 weeks. Radiation therapy has been shown to be more effective in treating brain stem gliomas than chemotherapy with fewer side effects.
- Q What causes lymphangiomatosis?
- Q What are the most common types of pediatric brain tumors?
- Q What is carcinomatous meningitis?
- Q What are the tumors present in pseudomyxoma peritonei like?
- Q How do I manage my brain cancer on a daily basis?
- Q What doctors and specialists treat brain cancer?