Radiation therapy is commonly used to treat brain stem gliomas, particularly diffuse (spread out) tumors. A dose of radiation is administered to the tumor on a daily basis for about 6 weeks. Radiation therapy has been shown to be more effective in treating brain stem gliomas than chemotherapy with fewer side effects.
- Q What is the prognosis for central nervous system (CNS) tumor?
- Q How is brain cancer treated?
- Q What are the tumors present in pseudomyxoma peritonei like?
- Q What are the treatment options for a brain stem glioma?
- Q What are the most common types of pediatric brain tumors?
- Q Is there a cure for brain cancer?