Radiation therapy is commonly used to treat brain stem gliomas, particularly diffuse (spread out) tumors. A dose of radiation is administered to the tumor on a daily basis for about 6 weeks. Radiation therapy has been shown to be more effective in treating brain stem gliomas than chemotherapy with fewer side effects.
- Q What are the causes of central nervous system (CNS) tumors?
- Q How common is brain cancer?
- Q What happens after surgery for a brain stem glioma?
- Q How do medications treat a brain stem glioma?
- Q Is there a cure for brain cancer?
- Q What is carcinomatous meningitis?