How are meningiomas treated?

Treatments for meningiomas vary. If it is small, doctors frequently don't do anything other than follow-up imaging. Surgery or radiation is reasonable when a meningioma is greater than approximately 2 centimeters (cm); if it has shown signs of growth on follow-up imaging; is causing symptoms such as seizures, weakness or vision difficulties or if it is causing an inflammatory reaction in the adjacent brain tissue.

Continue Learning about Brain Cancer (Neurological Cancers)

News: Sen. John McCain To Discontinue Medical Treatment for Aggressive Brain Cancer
The family of John McCain announced that he will no longer be receiving treatment for brain cancer. The Republican senator from Arizona has been battl...
Should I talk to my doctor about my brain cancer symptoms?
If you experience symptoms of brain cancer, it is important to see a doctor. Symptoms vary widely, f...
Who is not a candidate for stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumors?
Nader Pouratian, MDNader Pouratian, MD
Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) is particularly useful for people with metastatic brain tumors (brai...
Inside Big Ang’s Cancer Treatment
Inside Big Ang’s Cancer Treatment