Although alternative treatments are not used to treat cerebellar astrocytomas, some people with brain tumors feel that some alternative treatments used in conjunction with standard medical treatment help them manage their symptoms and the side effects from their treatment. If you are considering using alternative treatments to supplement your care, you should discuss this with your doctor. There are myriad ways that complementary or alternative medicine can be utilized to improve your overall health and well being. For example, some people with brain tumors utilize acupuncture to help manage headaches, nausea, and other symptoms. Other commonly used alternative treatments include chiropractic adjustments, meditation, hypnosis, massage, and relaxation exercises.
- Q How do medications treat cerebellar astrocytomas?
- Q How does surgery treat cerebellar astrocytomas?
- Q Are there different types of cerebral astrocytomas?
- Q Are cerebral astrocytomas a form of cancer?
- Q Are there side effects to chemotherapy for cerebral astrocytomas?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for cerebellar astrocytomas?