How can I limit my exposure to bisphenol A (BPA)?

There are simple steps you can take to minimize your exposure to bisphenol A (BPA). Follow the steps below:
  • Opt for frozen, jarred, or pouched foods instead of cans.
  • Choose single-ingredient canned foods instead of all-in-one meals, which tend to be higher in BPA and less healthy in general.
  • Rinse canned fruit and vegetables with water before eating or heating; this may reduce the amount of BPA you ingest.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
Follow my 6-step plan to reduce bisphenol A (BPA) exposure:
  • Eliminate canned foods (BPA lines the cans) and opt for fresh or frozen foods. In a small study, five families who ate fresh foods for 3 days saw their blood levels of BPA drop by 66%!
  • Use ceramic, metal, and glass in the kitchen.
  • Use metal water bottles without BPA liners.
  • Don't use plastic containers with the numbers 3 or 7 on the bottom. Avoid #6 (styrene), too, and buy low-density polyethylene plastic wrap. Even better: See No. 2.
  • Avoid thermal printed receipts. One receipt made from this coated paper delivers about 2% of your daily exposure to BPA.
  • Don't put boiling hot liquid in plastic containers made with BPA. It'll seep into your food.
All these steps can improve your well-being.

Continue Learning about BPA

The Science Behind BPA
The Science Behind BPA
Proponents of BPA (the ubiquitous chemical bisphenol-A) are fueling a science war. To counter the growing sentiment that BPA is harmful, chemical-indu...
What should I know about toxins in water bottles?
Some types of water bottles may contain toxins. In this video, Dr. Oz talks about a toxin common...
Which obesogens are found in nonstick pans?
Nonstick pans and microwave popcorn are sources of obesogens. Animal studies have shown that ear...
What Is Bisphenol A (BPA)?
What Is Bisphenol A (BPA)?