Should I talk to my doctor about my child's bowlegs?

Bowlegs are a normal condition in children up to the age of three. The condition usually resolves itself. However, it never hurts to ease your mind by talking to your doctor. If you have reason to believe your child may have Blount's disease (an abnormally growing shinbone), another type of bone disease, a bone fracture that did not heal properly, or rickets, contact your doctor for an appointment.

Continue Learning about Bowlegs

How can being bow-legged affect my child's health?
Bow-leggedness is a deformity that is often outgrown as the child with bow legs ages. In this video,...
Can bowlegs be prevented?
Up until 24 months of age, bowlegs are seen as part of normal development. Bowlegs start in the uter...
How do medications treat bowlegs?
If bowlegs do not correct themselves by the age of three or four, medical intervention may be recomm...
What are the treatment options for bowlegs?
For most children, bowlegs are normal and the condition will correct itself by the time children rea...