Should I talk to my doctor about my child's bowlegs?

Bowlegs are a normal condition in children up to the age of three. The condition usually resolves itself. However, it never hurts to ease your mind by talking to your doctor. If you have reason to believe your child may have Blount's disease (an abnormally growing shinbone), another type of bone disease, a bone fracture that did not heal properly, or rickets, contact your doctor for an appointment.

Continue Learning about Bowlegs

What does it mean to be bow-legged?
Bowlegs are a condition in which, if standing with the feet and ankles together, the knees do not to...
Are there alternative treatments for bowlegs?
Bowlegs respond well to traditional treatments. Those methods include allowing the condition to self...
How do bowlegs affect the body?
As the name implies, someone with this condition has legs that curve or bow away from each other. Mo...
What causes bowlegs?
Up until 24 to 36 months of age, most experts agree having bowlegs is normal. Bowlegs occur because ...