How does Botox make people happier?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
People who use Botox can't frown and people who can't frown are happier than people who can! The simple act of frowning can turn your mood gloomy. When the frown muscles are paralyzed, it is harder for people to maintain a negative effect.

We all know that when we tell a sad person a joke or even tickle them, we can often break them out of their sullen mood (if they don't give you a whack!) And that may be at least partially because the forehead muscles break their gloomy hold over your appearance and your brain. The mind/body connection is intimately connected and recent Botox studies underscore this!

Continue Learning about Botox Injections

What should I know if I'm considering Botox injections?
Terry J. Dubrow, MDTerry J. Dubrow, MD
If you're considering Botox injections, there are a few things you should know about the potential c...
Do botox injections help to reduce pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Botulinum toxin can help with some types of pain. It is usually helpful for pain causes by muscle sp...
What Are Different Types of Botox?
What Are Different Types of Botox?
Why Is Botox Popular for Removing Wrinkles?