The midfoot consists of five bones (three cuneiforms, the cuboid, and the navicular), which are short and broad and fit tightly together. Your hindfoot contains the largest bones in the foot, including the heel bone, or calcaneus, and the talus, located between the heel bone and the two bones of the lower leg.
- Q What causes hypotonia?
- Q How much sun should I get each day to protect my bones?
- Q How does aging affect my muscles?
- Q Besides calcium, what other minerals are important for healthy bones?
- Q What is the role of the thymus gland in myasthenia gravis?
- Q Are foot problems life threatening?