How can a disabled person prevent loss of muscle?

Movement and resistance training has been shown to slow or prevent the loss of muscle. Making a decision regarding exercise for someone that is disabled has to be done on an individual basis with knowledge of the extent of the disability. Any movement can help in the prevention of muscle loss but exercise needs to be supervised by a certified health care professional in conjunction with the oversight of a physician.

Continue Learning about Healthy Bones, Joints & Muscles

5 Steps to Starting an Exercise Routine
5 Steps to Starting an Exercise Routine
Your healthcare provider (HCP) has probably suggested regular physical activity to help cut down on joint pain or flare-ups from arthritis. But how do...
What is the best age to build bone mass?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
The most crucial time in one’s life to build bone mass is during the teenage years. Bone is comp...
What causes bones to weaken?
If you're over 35, bones can become progressively weaker and more fragile. When bones are weak, they...
How Can I Keep My Bones Strong and Healthy?