Who is a candidate for spondylolisthesis surgery?

Dr. Don Y. Park, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon

Candidates for spondylolisthesis surgery are those with predominant leg pain because that has to do with nerve compression. Multiple studies have shown that predominant leg pain improves significantly with surgery, as compared to predominant back pain. Oftentimes, operating on back pain, especially fusion for back pain, does not quite have the same results as surgery for leg pain.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Tell Me Why My Joints Pop
Tell Me Why My Joints Pop
Joints—you forget you have them until you bend your knees and sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies –-snap, crackle and pop! So why do joints pop? The an...
How is ankylosing spondylitis treated?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The most important thing in treating ankylosing spondylitis is to start treatment early. Ankylosing ...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
Soothe Achy Feet
Soothe Achy Feet