Which parts of the leg can be lengthened?

Generally the femur is the part of the leg chosen to be lengthened. This bone is generally lengthened by cutting and placing a metal device at the metaphyseal area of the femur.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Bad Bones? On Your Feet
Bad Bones? On Your Feet
The risk of falls goes up pretty dramatically when you have weak bones and muscles. That's bad news, because a fall can easily lead to a bad break. An...
How can I slow down my degenerative disc disease?
Dr. Langston T. Holly, MDDr. Langston T. Holly, MD
It is very difficult to slow down degenerative disc disease. There are a number of factors that affe...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
Can Dietary Changes Help Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis?