What are the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis?

Symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis include problems like lower back pain and buttock pain. It can also make joints stiff. Pain and stiffness are worse in the morning or after sitting still for a long time. Movement and exercise will reduce the pain and stiffness. Sometimes bending and twisting can be difficult. With all this going on, it’s not surprising that ankylosing spondylitis causes tiredness too.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Tell Me Why…My Rheumatoid Arthritis Flares Up
Living with a chronic condition like rheumatoid arthritis (RA) has its own special challenges, as the approximate 1.5 million adults in the US with th...
Why can it be difficult to live with ankylosing spondylitis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Living with ankylosing spondylitis can be difficult because sometimes pain and stiffness stops peopl...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
Fight Finger Stiffness
Fight Finger Stiffness