What part of the body does ankylosing spondylitis affect?

Ankylosing spondylitis mainly affects the joints in the lower spine and pelvis, causing pain and stiffness. Ankylosing spondylitis can affect other parts of the body too, like joints in the hips, knees and shoulders. It can also involve the eyes. This is called anterior uveitis or iritis. It can occasionally involve the gut and skin too.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

My Hands Feel Numb and Tingly—Is that Normal?
If you’ve ever had a numbness or tingling in your hands and fingers, you know how uncomfortable it can feel. But before you start fearing the worst, r...
What are the side effects of medications that treat ankylosing spondylitis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Some of the side effects of medications that treat ankylosing spondylitis include upset stomach. Non...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
Can Certain Foods Help Relieve Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms?