What is the musculoskeletal system?

The musculoskeletal system functions to support and protect the organs. It is the framework to which tissues and organs attach, and it also helps with nutrient storage.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Gustavus Adolphus College Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Joint Health

5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises. If you have stiff hands, it can be difficult to turn a key, open a jar or write...
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?
How Can I Relieve Chronic Pain from Conditions Like Fibromyalgia?