What are loose bodies in the knee?

Loose bodies form in the knee when pieces of cartilage break off and float in the synovial fluid of the knee. They can be a problem if they get caught in between the joint spaces. If they do, you may need a procedure to remove them–either arthroscopy or total knee replacement.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds Opens Up About His Health Battle
Dan Reynolds endured chronic pain and stiffness for about five years before he was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in his early 20s. It too...
What adolescent hip disorders can affect athletes?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Athletes with femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) can experience a lot of damage and pain, and youth ...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?