What are loose bodies in the knee?

Loose bodies form in the knee when pieces of cartilage break off and float in the synovial fluid of the knee. They can be a problem if they get caught in between the joint spaces. If they do, you may need a procedure to remove them–either arthroscopy or total knee replacement.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Smart Steps for Treating Knee Osteoarthritis
Many of the 27 million people in North America with osteoarthritis of the knee probably agree with Rod Stewart: “If God had meant for us to do yoga, h...
What are some natural ways that I can take care of my joints?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Natural means of taking care of your back and joints include the following: daily stretching pro...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
Can an Anti-Inflammatory Diet Help Ease RA?