How can I reduce back pain from a slipped disc?

Here are some tips for easing back pain if you have a slipped disc:

• Take off the pressure: Losing weight, if you need to. Reducing your waistline can reduce pain.
  • Walk tall—in flat shoes: Even Victoria Beckham abandoned her stilettoes when she had a slipped disc. Wearing high-heels all through her recent pregnancy may have contributed to her back problems.
  • Use heat and ice compresses: Reduce inflammation with ice and alternate with heat to relax tight muscles.
  • Ask your doc if there are specific exercises for you. Many, but not all, people with back problems feel better after appropriate exercise.
Peggy Brill
Physical Therapy Specialist

A slipped disc in the back can create a lot of pain; a good natural solution is white willow bark. In this video, physical therapist Peggy Brill explains how white willow bark works to treat pain safely and naturally, and the best way to use it. 

Continue Learning about Joint Health

For Better Rehab Try Prehab
For Better Rehab Try Prehab
When This is Where I Leave You hit theaters, 76-year-old Jane Fonda was fit as ever -- and that’s after a knee replacement, which followed ...
What are common orthopedic problems in children?
There are many different orthopedic problems in children. Some are congenital, meaning that they...
8 Easy Exercises for Achy Joints
8 Easy Exercises for Achy Joints8 Easy Exercises for Achy Joints8 Easy Exercises for Achy Joints8 Easy Exercises for Achy Joints
Do achy joints inhibit your exercise goals? Here are 8 easy exercises to help you stay fit and fight joint pain.
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?