How is ankylosing spondylitis treated?

The most important thing in treating ankylosing spondylitis is to start treatment early. Ankylosing spondylitis is first treated with exercise. A physiotherapist helps with stretches. These need to be done every morning to keep the joints moving and to help stop the stiffness. Being fit and active also helps muscles work better. Pain relievers can ease the pain, which will make moving about and exercising easier.

Continue Learning about Joint Health

Top 3 Fibromyalgia Myths
Top 3 Fibromyalgia Myths
Despite the fact that fibromyalgia has finally gained widespread acceptance as a medical illness, myths abound regarding this poorly understood condit...
What type of shoe is the best option for comfort?
John BlievernichtJohn Blievernicht
Try Nike FREE's.  They are built to be flexible versus rigid and supportive.  You move more naturall...
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong5 Easy Exercises That Keep Hands Young and Strong
Improve your range of motion and ease aches with these hand exercises.
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?