Who is a candidate for joint replacement surgery?

Dr. William A. Leone, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon

Although age is important for joint replacement surgery, it is not the most critical factor when determining if a person is a good candidate for either hip or knee replacement surgery. Instead, age is just one of many variables that must be considered. Each individual’s unique and personal situation must be analyzed.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
How long will my shoulder replacement last?
Metropolitan Methodist HospitalMetropolitan Methodist Hospital
Due to the glenoid, a cavity in the shoulder, in traditional shoulder replacement, it could loosen i...
How can I know if my knee brace fits me properly?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
A properly fitted knee brace: allows adequate blood flow to the leg and foot supports the knee ...
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Is a Shin Splint?