What is jumper’s knee?

Also known as patellar tendinitis, jumper’s knee is inflammation of the patellar tendon. It usually presents with pain just above or below the kneecap. (This answer provided for NATA by the Weber State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
What should I take to hospital for my joint replacement surgery?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
Here are some things you may want to consider bringing for your hospital stay if you are having join...
What are artificial joints made of?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
Joint replacement parts are made of plastic and metal that aren't reactive to the human body.
3 Steps to Prevent Knee Pain When You Run