What are the benefits of a hip replacement for a femoral neck fracture?

Since the goal of doctors is always to return people to their previous level of function before their injury, the treatment choice for a femoral neck fracture is a total hip replacement. It tends to have the lowest re-operation rate and the least amount of pain associated with it postoperatively. The rewards or the outcomes associated with a hip replacement for a femoral neck fracture in the right person far outweigh the risks associated with performing the procedure.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
What should I eat to promote healing after joint replacement surgery?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
A nutritious diet is very important and can promote healing after joint replacement surgery. The fol...
How can I know if my knee brace fits me properly?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
A properly fitted knee brace: allows adequate blood flow to the leg and foot supports the knee ...
How Should I Use Ice and Heat to Treat Pain?