What are the latest advancements in joint replacement surgery?

One of the latest advancements in joint replacement surgery is minimally invasive techniques for hip joint replacement. Fluoroscopy, a type of x-ray, may be used during the procedure to assist with visualization. The incision required is smaller, and sometimes two small incisions are used rather than one large incision. These smaller incisions may result in reduced blood loss, decreased surgical time, and quicker rehabilitation in addition to reducing costs by shortening hospital stay.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
What is Osgood-Schlatter's disease?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Osgood-Schlatter disease is a condition that is most commonly found in adolescent boys who are a...
What should I do if I have cartilage or ligament damage to my knee?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
Any damage to the knee should be brought to the attention of your doctor. It's important to refrain ...
3 Steps to Prevent Knee Pain When You Run