How can I prevent joint replacement surgery?

If you have an arthritic knee, you should modify your activities accordingly by avoiding high-impact exercise and training. It is really important to exercise on a regular basis, provided that it's not too painful. In general this will help the arthritic joint to feel and function better and to last longer.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
What exercises can I do after hip replacement surgery?
Blake Medical CenterBlake Medical Center
Following a hip replacement surgery, patients should avoid high-impact activities like running, but ...
What is a slipped capital femoral epiphysis?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Slipped capital femoral epiphysis is a slippage of the epiphyseal (growth) plate of the head of ...
How Can Hip Injuries Be Prevented?
How Can Hip Injuries Be Prevented?