How should I prepare for hip replacement surgery?

Hip replacement surgery is a little less intensive than knee replacement surgery, but you should still:

• participate in physical therapy prior to surgery to establish flexibility and range of motion
  • eat a diet rich in iron and vitamin C to help the healing process after surgery
  • get a sense of your home environment and your support system for once you return home from surgery

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
What should I eat to promote healing after joint replacement surgery?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
A nutritious diet is very important and can promote healing after joint replacement surgery. The fol...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone with a bone injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for the following situations: There is obvious deformity....
How Should I Use Ice and Heat to Treat Pain?