What are some alternatives to hip replacement surgery?

Hip replacement surgery is the last effort to help relieve hip pain from arthritis. You should first try stretching, exercise, medications, therapy and, sometimes, hip injections. It often depends on what type of arthritis you have.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

Treatment Options for Dupuytren's Contracture
Dupuytren’s contracture, or Dupuytren’s disease, is a systemic disorder that results in the deformity of one or both hands. It typically affects men, ...
How can I prevent joint replacement surgery?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If you have an arthritic knee, you should modify your activities accordingly by avoiding high-impact...
What are the benefits to anterior hip replacement surgery?
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterTriStar Centennial Medical Center
The advantage of anterior hip replacement is that doctors do not cut any muscles. They basically pee...
How Should I Use Ice and Heat to Treat Pain?