Sometimes tendons in joints can snap, articular cartilage or folds in the capsule may give cause a click or snapping sound. The rule of thumb is that if your elbows don’t hurt before, during, or after push-ups, it is most likely not serious in nature. If the snapping or popping gets worse or causes pain, evaluation and diagnosis by your physician is in order.
- Q Can training for a marathon actually damage your bones and joints?
- Q Why does my hip feel tight and pop, especially when I walk after sitting?
- Q What can cause my elbow to be numb when I wake up?
- Q Do squats cause knee problems?
- Q What are complications of musculoskeletal problems?
- Q What causes the knuckle popping sound?