Sometimes tendons in joints can snap, articular cartilage or folds in the capsule may give cause a click or snapping sound. The rule of thumb is that if your elbows don’t hurt before, during, or after push-ups, it is most likely not serious in nature. If the snapping or popping gets worse or causes pain, evaluation and diagnosis by your physician is in order.
- Q Can training for a marathon actually damage your bones and joints?
- Q Is knee replacement the only option if I have bone on bone in my knee?
- Q Why does my shoulder blade stick out farther than normal?
- Q Why does cartilage degeneration cause pain?
- Q Why does my hip feel tight and pop, especially when I walk after sitting?
- Q What is Panner’s disease?