What can cause joint popping?

It is usually caused by a dislocation of the disc that sits between the lower part of the jaw called the condyle and the upper part of the jaw.

As we open our mouth, the lower jaw moves forward and if there is a dislocate disc the lower jaw pops into place so that the disc is between the two bones.

It is not usually treated unless there is pain or the mouth does not fully open.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Conditions

What Healthcare Providers Treat TGCTs?
What Healthcare Providers Treat TGCTs?
Tenosynovial giant cell tumors (TGCTs) are a rare type of benign tumor that can affect a variety of different joints throughout the body. Like other t...
What can cause me to be unable to pinch my thumb and index finger together?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The inability to pinch the thumb and index finger together indicates entrapment of the anterior ...
What is the difference between edema and effusion?
Edema is swelling that occurs outside a joint. Effusion is swelling within a joint. (This answer ...
How Does Aging Affect My Joints?
How Does Aging Affect My Joints?