What can cause joint popping?

It is usually caused by a dislocation of the disc that sits between the lower part of the jaw called the condyle and the upper part of the jaw.

As we open our mouth, the lower jaw moves forward and if there is a dislocate disc the lower jaw pops into place so that the disc is between the two bones.

It is not usually treated unless there is pain or the mouth does not fully open.

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Conditions

What causes the knuckle popping sound?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
You know that familiar sound that comes from lacing your fingers together, turning your palms away f...
Why do my ankles pop?
If your ankles pop painlessly, you probably don't have a health problem, but painful ankle popping o...
What Is Tendonitis?
What Is Tendonitis?
How Does Aging Affect My Joints?
How Does Aging Affect My Joints?