Why should I accept my size if I want a healthy relationship with my body?

Laura Katleman-Prue
Creating a wise relationship with your body means accepting your body just as it is and allowing change to happen from a place of tenderness rather than forcing your body to change as a result of the Critic's (judgmental voices) loathing or the Dreamer's (part of the self that offer false salvation) fantasizing. It may seem contradictory for me to suggest that you accept your body and at the same time decide to lose weight to improve your health. But to reject the reality of your current body size is to suffer, and it doesn't even help you lose weight! Both accepting your current size and changing your diet to achieve a healthier body are expressions of honoring and loving yourself.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...
Size acceptance is an important tool in creating a healthy relationship with your body; you can find health at any size, and respecting yourself and your body is a key step. Watch me explain this concept.

Continue Learning about Body Image

Busy Woman's Guide: What I Learned About Being Naked
“Naked is trending and sexy right now,” was the marketing email subject line. No surprise there—from ads featuring barely covered naked celebs to tota...
How can I build a better body image?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Focus on what you do like about your body or face. Do you have a nice smile? Neat ears? Pretty hands...
How does my body image affect my self-esteem?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Self-esteem is about how much you feel you are worth, and how you think other people see or value yo...
Why Is It Important to Have a Positive Body Image?