How can I heal my negative body-image issues?

To heal your negative body image issues, you have to stop engaging in negative self-talk, and replace it with positive thoughts and actions. Watch me explain how focusing on your positive traits can help. 
Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine
Set an intention to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. The more you do that, the less negative thoughts will be able to drag you into a black hole, and pretty soon, they won't be able to enter your airspace undetected.
Laura Katleman-Prue
To help heal your negative body-image issues, try this exercise: Simply replace any negative body thoughts with their opposites. For example, if your thought is "I hate my stomach," replace it with "I love my stomach." If your thought is "My skin is too wrinkled," replace it with "I love the lines on this face." Even if you don't believe these positive thoughts at first, just keep repeating them and finding supporting examples. For instance, "I love this stomach that stretched to accommodate my pregnancies" contains a compelling reason for loving your stomach and creates a positive new story that replaces your negative one. Set an intention to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. The more you do that, the less negative thoughts will be able to suck you in, and pretty soon, they won't be able to enter your airspace undetected at all!
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Body Image

Building a Better Body Image
Building a Better Body Image
Healthy bodies come in all shapes and sizes, but that doesn’t stop many of us from having a negative body image. According to Andrea Pennington, MD, a...
How can my body image affect my sexuality?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
How we feel about our bodies often influences how we feel about ourselves and our sexuality. Women s...
How can I feel good about my body as a mom?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Obsessively thinking about weight seems to be par for the course these days among women. It's just t...
How Do I Help My Child with Her Body Image?