Where is the best place to get an oral piercing?

Good oral piercing studios are very aware of the risks that oral piercings can cause. They take all necessary precautions and will thoroughly educate you about what you need to do to help prevent complications. Here are things to look for:
  • Are biohazard waste and needle precautions used?
  • Are needles and jewelry labeled and kept in clean, sterilized packages?
  • Ask if all staff is vaccinated against hepatitis B.
  • Ask if the studio has a health certificate.
  • Is the staff attentive and willing to answer your questions, concerns, and fears? Have they answered them to your satisfaction?

Continue Learning about Body Piercing

What are the health risks of tongue piercings?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
The main dangers involved with piercing are the risk of infection, metal allergy and bleeding. In fa...
How should I take care of my mouth piercing?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you have a mouth or oral piercing: Contact your dentist or physician immediately for any signs ...
How do I take care of oral piercings?
If you have a mouth or oral piercing, it's very important to see your dentist regularly and to brush...
What are the dangers of mouth piercings?
If you're thinking about getting an oral piercing -- or if you already have one or more -- there...