Should I exercise after receiving liposuction?

If you don't work out after getting liposuction you're in for a harsh reality. In this Treadmill Talk, Sharecare expert Dr. Michael Roizen explains why post-lipo exercising is so important.
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

After receiving your liposuction procedure, it is essential to develop a routine exercise routine and maintain a healthy diet. I instruct my patients, that liposuction in NOT the substitute for proper diet and exercise. Liposculpture is useful for localized fat deposits that are resistance to healthy living and patients at their ideal body weight. Failure to control oral intake after liposuction may result in fat hypertrophy in remote areas from the sculpted sites. 

Continue Learning about Body Contouring

Who is a good candidate for the VelaShape body sculpting procedure?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
The best candidates for the VelaShape body sculpting procedure are already close to their ideal weig...
What is ultrasonic liposuction?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Ultrasonic liposuction began in Italy in the early 1990s. Late in the decade the American Societ...
What Is Botox?
What Is Botox?
What Is the Coolsculpting Procedure for Fat Loss?